20 December 2006

my motor show experience

Well...Eric has been really excited for motor show in Bologna, but for me... not really...but... actually I have enjoyed ^_^ So, what I was doing in the motor show is to take picture of 2 excited industrial designers!!

planning...

This is the first time for me to join the motor show in my life, especially here in Italy. I have gotten a lot of souvenir specially only for girls and discount price for ticket!! Maybe motor show is mainly focused on boys so they are trying to attract girls(who have much strong purchasing power and can lead act of consumption!)

show girl...

I was interested in the exhibition from Lexus, this is a luxury car brand from TOYOTA that has been started for western market. Actually it has been really successful branding example in terms of image strategy, function, and pricing.

But what I was impressed is their "brand image" is based on Japanese design language.

We can see one example from "Salone Internazionale del
Mobile 2006", Lexus has collaborated with Tokujin Yoshioka to create an emotional ambient in the space. It was colored all white and zillions of fivers were making wall. It seems decorative but minimal.




We can see many products "like Japanese style" in foreign countries, I think this Lexus's exhibition that is creating some feeling of Japanese minimalism design is good example that is expressing the different identity of design from Japanese perspective that foreigners don't have.




Here in Bologna, they are using image of water flow.
Lexus is trying to differentiate with the other western luxury car brands with Japanese design language!

Notice* of course I'm not saying TOYOTA is the best in the world"""hahahahah

No comments: