9 December 2006

Mouse Opener!

Apple Computer - a famous computer brand which many people crazy about their products. Since 2005, I became one of the user (but I still need to use windows) and I have my first Ipod and Powerbook G4 12". My girlfriend - a only mac user, she has nearly all of the Apple products, from desktop, laptop, Ipod and mouse. Just last month she found that her wireless mouse doesn't work, so as an industrial designer, I need to fix it... Here I would like to share the experience about how to open the mouse step by step:


The old wireless mouse and the new one that I bought her as the birthday gift.


You need to prepare some tools if your fingers are
not thin enough to go into the mouse!




From this step, you need to use the knife to separate the parts as Apple only use glue for the mouse. Its not a easy job as they put many glue...be careful!



This is the mouse's exploded view



Double injection cover with the main components
(The price mainly come from them...)

After open and put the components back together...still I'm not sure how to fix it...due to the mouse run away and fall down to the ground for several times...but this is a good experience to share with all of you! Cheers! (You need to take the risk to open the mouse by yourself!)

*This is my first post for the blog!!!

Link: Apple Computer

No comments: